Angry customers due to crowded buses and trolleys. Expensive and outdated technology for people count Delay in data reception ( no real-time data)
Friday morning about 4 approaches were discussed and on three decided:
- Laser: Laser barrier for counting people.
- Vision: Face recognition for counting people.
- Bluetooth: Counting the cellphones in a tram.
- Pressure: Measuring the weight of people in a bus.
Counting people with laser beam
Counting people by recognising bodys
Counting people by counting Bluetooth devices
- Only count smartphones by filtering the MAC-addresses
- Filter noise (people outside the vehicle)
- Calibrate range of bluetooth-sensor
- Count only devices that stay for more than one stop
- Find the right spot in the vehicle to place the sensor
- Map deviceid and timestamp with actual vehicle timetable information (in backend)
Francesca, Dorottya, Vijay, Patrick, Daniele, Jürg, Andres, David, Tobias, Gabriel, Robert, Marco