OpenCV Bicycle Counter for #MakeZurich 2017Contact
OpenCV Bicycle Counter
#MakeZurich - Civic tech and LoRaWAN hackathon for a better city
- Hackathon in Zurich, February 3-4, 2017
- OpenCV Bicycle Counter Project from Samuel Bichsel & Michael Schmuki
About the "Bicycle commuter"-Challenge
"Dive into the pulse of the city and track/map/visualize bicycle commuters using low cost sensors and open data to calibrate your measurements."
- Challenge from Tiefbau- und Entsorgungsdepartement - Stadt Zürich
- See the Slides from the Kick-Off Event
- Existing Data at Daten der automatischen Fussgänger- und Velozählung - Viertelstundenwerte
About OpenCV Bicycle Counter
The project has three major parts. * The detector: A C++ program which detects and tracks the bicycles and writes the count to a files. * The transmitter: A bash script, which runs as Crontab and which uploads the data to the TTN. * The client application: A website, which shows the counts an updates itself when a new count arrives.
This is just a prototype. While it runs ok on a laptop, it really struggles on a Raspberry Pi 3.
The web client: